Sunday, March 24, 2013

2013 Spring Mantel

The calendar tells me that we are in a new season but outside it's still Winter. I know our turn is coming soon, so it was time to refresh the mantel.
I wanted our Spring mantel to have a warm and natural look with a vintage feel. Old books are such an easy way to add a bit of color and charm.
Vintage bottles are a favorite find of mine. I love the details of the raised letters and the unique stopper style tops that once held ale and tonic.
Warmer days and the welcome return of our feathered friends will let me know that Spring has arrived.
The simple wreath was made with split peas following a tutorial at Love of Family and Home.
The lovely vintage bird tags are from Lilac and Lavender. I simply printed them and placed them into the dividers of the printer drawers.
I am looking forward to hearing the lovely music of our seasonal guests.
 Are you in the midst of Spring or are you anxiously awaiting its arrival like I am?

PS - Have you linked up to Saturday Sparks 4 yet?  The party is open till Friday. Hope to see you there!

Linking up to the following parties:

Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. I Know how you feel.. Winter doesn't want to let go. Beautiful mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mantels are a weakness of mine. Love yours. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel looks wonderful, Suzanne! It's the perfect look and feel for this in between seasons time. Your wreath is really awesome, I've never seen anything like it and I always love a touch of green on my mantel. Those bottles are great, too. Let's keep our fingers crossed that spring is just around the corner! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it is so hard to pick a favorite element with this vignette! I adore it all. But those birds...wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had my eye on some printer trays. I love them on your mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing as always! Love the tags, and shorebirds especially!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pretty mantel. The bird tags are a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!!! Love everything about it!! You should join our new link party {1 party, 5 blogs!} http://www.somuchbetterwithage.com/2013/03/give-me-goods-party-1.html Have a great week!
    Jamie @ somuchbetterwithage.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your mantle! Thanks for joining our Give Me the Goods Monday Party!

    ~Chelsea @ Married Filing Jointly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way your post is going to featured this week so be sure to stop by Sunday and check it out!

      http://www.marriedfiling-jointly.com

      Delete
  10. So beautiful! I just love the simplicity of it. Thanks for sharing at I Made It! Monday. Be sure and grab a featured button when you link up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your mantel! It appears to my vintage, prim side. Love the warmth of wood!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each and every comment and welcome any questions or feedback you may have.

^ Scroll to Top